In this article, what causes back pain, how to deal with this condition and how to prevent the onset of pain similar to localization.
Causes of pain in the
Most often, back pain in the supine position caused due to the development of such diseases:
- Sprain or muscles.
- Dissection of the aorta.
- Degenerative diseases of the spine discs.
- Different virus damage.
- Infection of the spine.
- The lower back pain.
- Kidney stones.
- Fracture of the pelvis.
- Inflammation of the pancreas.
- Deformation or purchase a curvature of the spine (kyphosis).
- Pinched spinal nerves.
- Displacement of the intervertebral discs.
In addition, pain in the region of the back can occur when excessive load on the muscles and spine.
Sometimes these symptoms may indicate the development of cancer of internal organs (kidney, heart, or pancreas). Pain is given only in the region of the back, and focus on the abdomen or chest.
During pregnancy the final stage of its flow can cause aching pain in the lower back. This is due to the load, which has endured behind the woman, when the whole fruit is already large enough.
The symptoms of the disease
Back pain can be the different nature of its expression and localization. With this information, doctors can diagnose a particular disease.
Back pain can be:
- The sore (may indicate excessive overload of the back muscles, as well as develop kidney disease).
- Back pain clearly localized in one place (can be a sign of osteoarthritis or arthritis).
- The pain, which is associated with high fever and lethargy (may indicate the development of cancer).
- Pain that occurs at night.
- Cramping pain with some localization.
- Pain that occurs after a long sleep and stretches to the side.
- Pain that occurs after heavy lifting, and improve sleep.
- Discomfort in the back radiating to the buttocks and legs.
- Acute pain, which a man after sleeping in a position in which it is very difficult to stand up straight (may be a sign of a pinched nerve, and curvature of the spine).
Usually back pain in the supine position are chronic in nature, so often people just do not pay attention to their appearance. Over time, these sensations will be reduced, but this does not mean that their cause is gone.
In the treatment of diseases related to the back, is the doctor-vertebrologist.
Review after personal and medical history, your doctor may prescribe the following tests:
- X-ray of spine (to exclude possible fractures).
- MRI of the spine (give the full picture of muscle tissue).
- The general analysis of blood and urine to get an overall picture of the health status and the presence of an inflammatory process.
- Examination by a neurologist.
To exclude the possibility of cancer pathology, but also diseases of internal organs, which can cause pain in the back, should come the following query:
- heart curve;
- Abdominal ultrasound;
- consultation with a gastroenterologist;
- inspection proctologist, gynecologist (for women) and urologists (for men).
Treatment of back pain carried out a comprehensive use of pharmacological and physiotherapeutic treatment. In some cases (because of the necessary entries), the patient can be given massage, therapeutic exercise, manual therapy or acupuncture.
Treatment is chosen individually for each patient depending on his diagnosis, condition, age, and other diseases.
Relieve back pain should:
- limit heavy physical activity, which can give the load on the spine;
- wearing a special support corset;
- don't stay in bed because it can promote the transition of acute pain into a chronic form (lying in bed after a spinal fracture).
Medical treatment against back pain involves taking such groups of drugs:
- Anti-inflammatory medication . They can be in the form of tablets or creams.
- Pain medication .
- Compress with a solution of novocaine (to relieve acute pain).
- Antispasmodic drugs, eliminate the muscle spasms.
- Chondroprotectors (to slow down the destruction of cartilage tissue). Usually these drugs are prescribed for arthritis, arthrosis and osteochondrosis.
- Vitamin complexes.
If back pain is due to the cancer or disease of the internal organs, so the patient is prescribed appropriate medication, and develop treatment plans.
It is important to know, that in the name of the drug is impossible, because the wrong technique (wrong selected group of drug or dose) can cause different side effects and General health deterioration.
Physiotherapy treatment includes the holding of such treatments:
- magnetic therapy;
In addition, the patient is recommended to swim.
Another effective method of treatment is acupuncture. Its purpose is to reduce back pain and relieve muscle tension is often caused by a psychological status of the patient.
Despite the usefulness of such a procedure, it is impossible to organize such indication to the patient:
- acute respiratory diseases;
- when blood clotting;
- acute diseases of the kidneys and the liver;
- development of cancer diseases;
- during after surgery;
- the presence of vascular disease or the heart;
- when the tendency of the patient's bleeding.
Chiropractic is also very effective to eliminate back pain. It can appoint only the doctor after a thorough diagnosis of the patient. When performed correctly, so the treatment helps to relieve back pain and relieve muscle tension.
It is important to know that this treatment is preferably carried out in such cases:
- season after suffering a heart attack;
- tuberculosis or other serious infectious diseases;
- when the hernia of the intervertebral discs;
- when blood clotting;
- the elderly;
- diseases of the blood vessels.
If you perform manual therapy to patients with the above contraindications, this can lead to serious complications of his condition.
In order to minimize the risk of back pain, you should follow these recommendations:
- Elastic sleep on orthopaedic mattress and the same pillow (Usually it is desirable to learn to sleep without a pillow).
- Maintain good posture when sitting at a desk and walking.
- Eat right, maintain a stable weight.
- To walk in high heels for two hours. Most of the shoes is flat shoes.
- At a long-term stay in the upright position is to find the fulcrum of the elbow, the shoulders or arms a little to relieve the pressure on the body and the spine.
- When you lift something, you need to squat, not bend over.
- Avoid sudden movements and turns, to avoid damage to the muscles of the spine.
- Engage in physical exercise to strengthen the muscles of the body. It is best for this purpose is a therapeutic physical training, swimming, yoga, running and fitness classes.
- To avoid hypothermia and drafts, which can "shoot" back muscles and cause pain.
- In the daily work of the computer should take frequent breaks and stretch your back, arms, neck and shoulders.
- Try to stay in one position longer than an hour.