If your child has back pain, parents should immediately consult a doctor to determine the cause of pain and prescribe treatment. The pain may suggest, how about a small injury and the beginning of the development of dangerous violations.
Why do kids get the discomfort
Many factors can cause discomfort and back pain. The reason may be muscle strain, fracture, tension, or disease of the musculoskeletal device. Each of these factors is accompanied by several symptoms.
Unpleasant and wrong posture of the child when watching TV, playing on the computer or sitting at a desk lead to a curvature of the spine, or scoliosis. Initial signs of pathology are:
- symptoms pain in the chest or the shoulders;
The time the child was born:
- asymmetry of the spine and the shoulder blades.
Scoliosis is also accompanied by the following signs:
- tilted to the side of the head;
- to reduce the triangle waist;
- different shoulder;
- shortening of the leg;
- the formation of a hump.
Because of the curvature of the spine in children and adolescents often is contrary to the work of many internal organs, such as lungs and heart. This leads to heavy breathing. Also fault occurs the fault.
Older to treat scoliosis much more difficult, so parents should monitor the posture of your child from an early age. It is recommended to teach the younger member of the family to do at home with simple gymnastic exercises. Could hurt and regular massage.
Scoliosis is more common in girls aged 10-14 years during the period of active puberty.
The cause of back pain in children can be:
- mechanical damage;
- sprain or muscles.
Such problems often encounter children sports load. Injury probability is high and moving to the games, when a child is careless when riding a bike or falling.
The clinical picture depends on the extent of the damage caused by. Improve the violation of the home is absolutely impossible, if the child:
- severe pain;
- severe dizziness;
- clouding of consciousness.
Such symptoms evidence of dangerous injuries of the spine, so you should call your doctor immediately. If you suspect a fracture of the spine must not move the child until the ambulance arrived.
Inflammation of the spine one of the spinal nerves causing sciatica. The disease occurs in people of advanced age. Children's and sciatica, as a result of infectious diseases:
- sore throat;
- virus infection.
Sciatica is manifested by pain in the lumbar region, and often these unpleasant sensations are felt in the leg. It is not excluded, a feeling of tingling or numbness.
Signs of developing sciatica:
- The child complains of severe pain in the back, sometimes the legs.
- Often the child appears limp.
- When the scan back is the detected curvature of the spine curve.
- Sometimes the body temperature rises.
Such as scoliosis, sciatica can not be cured with traditional methods. It requires the help of specialized professionals who determine the program of effective treatment.
Complex degenerative disorders occurring in the spine, lead to the development of osteoarthritis. This disease often occurs as a result of other violations. In children the disease is rare. Dangerous changes in the body can be the result of a lack of care.
The clinical symptoms of the disease:
- sore back or lower back small loads or when the weather changes;
- intervertebral hernia;
Osteochondrosis cause problems in the functioning of blood vessels and nerve endings, which leads to poor blood circulation.
What are the problems in the body causes pain
Doctors note that back pain occurs in children as a result of certain diseases or pathological conditions, including:
- Inflammation of the kidneys. Often kidney stones or other kidney abnormalities can cause discomfort in the lower back in children. Most often, the disease affects boys. Accompanying symptoms may be fever, frequent urination, change the color and smell of urine, pale skin, increased pressure.
- Myositis. The main cause of the disease is inflammation of the sciatic nerve. Development factors disease — trauma, infection or hypothermia. For example, myositis characterized by asymmetric inflammation of the nerves, causing pain syndrome affects only one side of the body.
- Stress. Because of the stress the child can receive complaints of pain in the shoulders or neck.
- Inappropriate diet. Calcium deficiency often causes back pain. The lack of this important trace elements in children leads to the development of rickets, but in older age may experience osteoporosis. To avoid such problems, it is necessary to include in the diet foods that contain vitamins a, D and B.
- Inflammation of one or more vertebrae. Can lead to hypothermia or cold. The child complains of General weakness, fatigue, nausea and loss of appetite.
- Bechterew's Disease. The disease is characterized by asymmetric arthritis of the knee or lower leg. The disease affects the spine in different units. Disturbed heart.
- Hyper mobile syndrome. The disease occurs if there is interference in the development of connective tissue, which leads to failure of functionality of the locomotor system. Legs feel fatigue, may develop scoliosis or flat feet.
Among the other causes of back pain are:
- wearing uncomfortable shoes or the jetpack;
- poor quality or uncomfortable bed (mattress, cushion);
- premenstrual syndrome;
- diseases of the genital organs;
- diseases of the blood;
- congenital pathology.
What to do and what the children's doctors
If you experience pain in the back of the child task, the parent can assess the situation and take necessary measures. They need to make the diagnosis, and for this you need to:
- Watching a young family member.
- Ask the child about his / her health.
- To assess the appearance of disease symptoms (malaise, fever, nausea).
To understand what is happening with the child will help the following professionals:
- a hematologist;
- the gynecologist (girls).
The doctor pores over health data, conduct a thorough examination of the child. On the basis of the results, the doctor prescribes the necessary research. This can be a blood test, x-ray or CT scan. Then the doctor prescribes medications or procedures. Complex cases can require surgery.
Ways emergency pain relief
In order to relieve pain or alleviate pain, you need to:
- check the back of the child the presence of abrasions, contusions or injuries;
- limiting motor activity of the patient;
- put the child to bed;
- attach to the sore place something cold (ice cubes wrapped in cloth or cold water soaked towel);
- make a light relaxing massage;
- in the area of pain apply the cream anti-inflammatory properties.
The spine of the child was healthy, you must always adhere to the following rules:
- Provide the child with adequate food, enriched with vitamins and minerals for the proper development of the skeleton.
- Follow the correct posture.
- To respect the day.
- Children to buy comfortable orthopedic shoes.
- To reduce the load on the spine.
- Choose baby age-appropriate pillow and hard mattress, through which the spine to take the anatomical shape.
- To organize sports activities.
- To avoid stressful situations.
- To equip students, in compliance with all sanitary rules and regulations.
- Annually to perform a routine inspection.
Back pain in children is a frequent phenomenon and threat. In order to avoid unwanted effects and complications, if you experience pain in the spine, it is better to seek help and if necessary take the full course of treatment.